After completing the course the learner will:
- Understand the epidemiology of hepatitis B and C and how to assess the risk of hepatitis B and C for a patient.
- Understand the new treatment options for hepatitis C, and their success rates.
- Know when patients with hepatitis B and C should be referred, or re-referred, to secondary care in view of changes in treatment options.
- Be confident in communicating with patients to assess risk, discuss testing and giving results.
- Know how to manage patients with chronic hepatitis before, during and after their treatment.
This course was developed in partnership with Gilead Sciences