Women's health toolkit
This Women’s Health Hub is categorised into sections best representing the needs of women at different stages of their lives.
Patient and carer resources
- The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) Patient section contains a range of resources designed for women and the public. Including amongst others:
- Patient information leaflets
- Explanation of medical terms
- NICE menopause: diagnosis and management information for the public. This section of the guideline includes information on symptoms, risks and benefits of using HRT, premature ovarian insufficiency, questions to ask about menopause.
- NICE urinary incontinence and prolapse in women; information for the public and patient decision aids:
- Surgery for stress urinary incontinence
- Surgery for uterine prolapse
- Surgery for vaginal vault prolapse
- The Primary Care Women's Health Forum (PCWHF) 'Rock my menopause' campaign to reduce the stigma around menopause by making people more menopause aware. Includes resources for patients, families and health care professionals on symptoms, self-help, HRT, menopause and mental health.
- The Daisy Network, a charity for women diagnosed with premature ovarian insufficiency (premature menopause) sharing information to support women and their extended networks to understand the concern and treatment options available.
- Bladder and Bowel UK, a charity supporting people with bladder and bowel problems. Urinary incontinence is a common concern particularly for women following childbirth and as they age. Bladder and bowel UK have developed resources to help with self-care and information to support sufferers to understand their concerns and treatment options available.
- The Eve Appeal, a UK national charity raising awareness and funding research into the five gynaecological cancers – womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal.
- Target Ovarian Cancer, an ovarian cancer charity working to improve earlier diagnosis and provide support for women with ovarian cancer.