Physical activity resources
The resources, literature and organisations which underpin the ‘Movement for Movement’.
Supporting patients to change their behaviour
One of the major hurdles preventing patients from changing their lifestyle is motivation. Understanding and influencing people’s behaviour is a challenge but can be learnt!
- The NHS Digital Weight Management Programme is a 12-week online behavioural and lifestyle programme supporting adults living with obesity who also have a diagnosis of diabetes or hypertension, to manage their weight and improve their health.
- BMJ module on Motivational
Interviewing - A one hour module on motivational interviewing.
- Sport England: Applying behaviour change theories
- Health professionals can access the National Physical Activity Clinical Champion Training provided through PHE and Sport England’s Moving Health Care Professional Programme. The training focuses on the evidence base and how to provide
brief advice and support to patients. Email: email@example.com to enquire about training for your practice.
- Motivational interviewing and behaviour change: Stephen Rollnick - Psychologist/Author and co-founder of Motivational interviewing; his own courses and publications.