Appointments and prescriptions
Online appointment booking and prescription ordering offers patients convenient access to practice services and helps to fit health services around people’s lives.
Many GP practices already offer online access to records and transactional services for their patients, and patient online access to their medical record will be widened further in 2016, with some flexibility in how this is implemented by practices. More information about these changes is available in the Overview and Benefits eLearning, and the BMA Key changes to the GP contract webpage.
The aim of this section is to give practices an overview of online booking of appointments and repeat prescription management, and help with planning its implementation, including benefits for practices and patients, practical steps, roles of staff members and issues that may be faced.
See below for guidance for general practice and supporting documents:
Appointments and prescriptions - guidance for general practice:
- Getting started with online appointments - guidance for general practice: PDF
- Getting started with repeat prescription management - guidance for general practice: PDF
Appointments and prescriptions - supporting material:
- Getting started with appointments and repeat prescription management: Getting ready checklist | step-by-step guide: Word | PDF
- Example registration form: Word | PDF
- Identity verification - Example practice protocol: Word | PDF
- Identity verification - Getting ready checklist | step-by-step guide: Word | PDF
- Records access - Getting ready checklist | step-by-step guide: Word | PDF