Time to complete:
Date of publication:
This is a recording of a live webinar that took place on 10 December 2020 This recording will be available to view until 10 June 2021
This webinar builds on the theme of remote gastroenterology consulting for GPs. In the previous sessions we focused on investigation of vague symptoms and the management of upper gastrointestinal disease. We explored the links between the gut and the brain and its relation to mental health.
In this session we looked at the impact and overlap of gastrointestinal disease on other areas of the body – for example, the skin, joints, and central nervous system.
Topics covered included:
- Why gastrointestinal disease affects more than just the gut.
- The links between the gut, skin and joints.
- Diseases to consider that have common symptoms.
- The impact of extraintestinal disease on patients.
- The management of extra-intestinal disease.