RCGP eLearning website accessibility statement
This website is run by the Royal College of General Practitioners. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
How accessible is this website?
To help us make using the RCGP eLearning website a positive experience for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and
user friendly for everyone. The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for RCGP's websites and other digital platforms.
On a Google Lighthouse audit, this website scores 81%. However, we know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
Background and foreground colours do not always have a sufficient contrast ratio, for example on orange- and teal-coloured blocks with white text.
Links are sometimes only identified by colour.
- iframe elements do not always have a descriptive title.
Incorrect use of headers, including many pages missing a H1, and the course table of contents header often being a H5 when it should be a H2.
- Sometimes ARIA attributes do not match their roles, such as in info icons.
- ARIA IDs are not always unique.
- Elements are not always visible on focus.
- Not all images have meaningful alt text.
- Sometimes, text over images on carousels and banners is hard to read.
- On the homepage, key menu items are not immediately visible without scrolling.
- Some pages have too much text, and do not make appropriate use of bullet points and paragraph formatting.
- Much of the site's content uses Shareable Content Object Reference Models (SCORMs), which are not always fully functional or navigable on some screen readers and mobile devices.
We are always looking for ways to improve the website. Please contact us to report an accessibility problem that isn’t listed on this page.
Accessibility at RCGP
To find out more about what the RCGP is doing in terms of digital accessibility, visit the RCGP website accessibility statement.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 7 January 2022.