This toolkit helps practices provide GP online services effectively, efficiently, safely and securely.
Providing GP online services
- DCB3051 Identity Verification and Authentication Standard for Digital Health and Care Services, NHS Digital, this information standard sets out the nationally agreed approach to identity management for health and care, used for NHS Login and conformant with identify assurance principles endorsed by the government.
- GMS contractual requirement, NHS England
- Patient Online Management Information (POMI), NHS Digital, – Data on the numbers of patients in England with access to GP Online Services by practice and by Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Websites and apps you can use with NHS Login, NHS.uk, – lists apps that patients can use with their NHS Login to access online NHS services,
- About NHS Login, NHS.uk – explains to patients how to set up an NHS Login,
- Confidentiality: good practice in handling patient information, GMC
- Guidance on Gillick competence and Fraser guidelines, NSPCC, – explains how these two often confused terms differ and apply to clinical care,
- Digital inclusion, Good Things Foundation, – contains resources and links that practices can use to help reduce digital exclusion.