This toolkit helps practices provide GP online services effectively, efficiently, safely and securely.
GP online services in clinical care
- Patient information themes for GP online services (88 KB DOC) - the themes that practice might find useful to use in the practice information for patients on GP online services.
- Person-Centred Care Toolkit, RCGP
- House of Care, NHS England – a framework for the care of long term conditions
- Explaining laboratory test results to patients: what the clinician needs to know, BMJ Practice Pointer, 2015
- Labtestsonline, The Association of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine – Provided for patients to help them understand the many clinical laboratory tests that are used in diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of disease.
- Moll J et all, Patients’ Experiences of Accessing Their Electronic Health Records: National Patient Survey in Sweden, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2017 - on the impact of online services for patients in Sweden. Reasons for access related to patient empowerment, involvement and security.
- Mohammed M A et al, The value of a Patient Access Portal in primary care: a cross-sectional survey of 62,486 registered users in the UK, Univ Access Inf Soc, 2020 – Feedback from patients of practices using EMIS on the value of GP online services.