Essential Knowledge Update 2019.2 consists of six modules covering new and changing knowledge on:
Search results: 2
This is a recording of a live half-day conference that took place on 24 January 2024. This recording will be available to view until 05 August 2024.
This webinar focuses on the latest in prostate cancer for our GP colleagues. It covers the most important aspects of incidence, diagnosis, treatment, and post-interventional symptom support.
- Review prostate cancer and incidence.
- Learn about high-risk demographics and health inequalities, particularly for Black men.
- Assess need for PSA blood testing, its use and limitations.
- Review how to counsel men: avail yourself of the PCUK consultation toolkit.
- Learn what to do about asymptomatic men with abnormal results.
- Review recent changes to national prostate cancer diagnosis guidance (NG-12 & PCRMP) and the prostate cancer diagnostic pathway.
- Identify the variety of treatment options now available.
- Explain types of sexual dysfunction post-treatment in prostate cancer and how to best support our patients.
Dr Anand Patel, GP partner and trainer in Stockwell, London
Dr Oluwabunmi Olajide, GP at Rush Green Medical Centre, Prostate Cancer UK Clinical Champion
Profesor Mike Kirby, Editor trends in urology & men’s health
This webinar was funded by Prostate Cancer UK. Prostate Cancer UK was asked to suggest topics and speakers, but the selection of topics, speakers and content was made independently by the RCGP.