GP SelfTest Frequently Asked Questions
- I can’t remember my password
- I’m having difficulty logging in to GP SelfTest
- How do I view my results?
- Will GP SelfTest repeat the same questions?
- What happens if I log-off GP SelfTest mid-way through completing a test?
- Is there a time limit to completing tests on GP SelfTest?
- How can I resit tests?
- How can I provide feedback on GP SelfTest?
- Can I highlight questions for later review?
- I am an RCGP member do I have to pay for access to GP SelfTest?
- I’m not an RCGP member, do I have free access to GP SelfTest?
- Why have the peer scores changed on my old tests?
- I am an AiT. Where can I access collated InnovAiT AKT questions?
- How many questions are there in each curriculum category?
Click here for a reminder.
Non-members who have purchased a subscription and RCGP members can login with the button near the top of the page.
If you receive the error message “the credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic” please check that you have entered your email and/or password correctly. If you continue to receive the error message, please reset your password.
- To access your results for previously submitted test attempts select ‘view current progress’ option.
- Select the type of test you want to view by clicking on the banner (e.g. Untimed revision test), then select the individual test you wish to view results for by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- You can now see your results benchmarked against your peers’ results and a breakdown of your results across the curriculum categories. If you select the ‘download certificate’ you will have a PDF certificate showing your results.
- To view the individual questions, click on the name of a particular curriculum category to view which answers you got correct (green tick) and incorrect (red cross).
- Click on the box of the question you want to see in more detail to read the answer justification and feedback.
- If you select ‘View Question’ you will be taken back to your original test and can view any question by clicking on the boxes on the righthand side, this will now also display the correct answer and the feedback for each question.
Please refer to the our user guide step 7–11 to see this process in more detail.
GP SelfTest contains a bank of questions across the curriculum categories. For every test you complete the system automatically generates questions randomly that you have not previously seen. Once you have completed all the questions in a curriculum group they will begin to repeat. As some curriculum sections have more questions than others some sets of questions will start to repeat more quickly. So if you do several revision or curriculum wide learning tests, you may see some of the same questions come up along with new questions. This is because some curriculum categories contain less questions than others. If you complete the questions by topic when you start to see repeat questions in your topic test you have completed all the questions in that category.
We update GP SelfTest monthly adding new questions and removing or updating expired questions so the number of questions in each category will change and increase over time.
By selecting the save and exit option, the system will automatically save your record up to the last answer you submitted. When you next log in to GP SelfTest, it will inform you what percentage of the previous test you had completed and provide you with the option to continue your last test or start a new test. You can log in and out of GP SelfTest as many times as you like, at times convenient for you.
The only test on GP SelfTest that has a time limit is the timed revision exam. This time limit is 3 hours 10 minutes and the time starts from the moment you start your first attempt. You must submit your answers before the time expires.
For all other tests, there is no time limit and you do not have to answer all questions in one session. For non members, dependent on the subscription you have purchased, you have either six months or one year to complete tests.
You can sit the tests as many times as you like, but you may be offered a different selection of questions.
We welcome all constructive feedback.
Once you have logged into GP SelfTest, you can select the feedback option on your homepage and complete and submit a feedback form.
When you review your test answers you can also provide a star rating for each individual question in a test as well as provide comments in the free text comments box.
Feedback and further educational resources will be updated to reflect changing evidence and knowledge.
Terms and conditions can be found here.
Yes, by selecting the flag question option provided with each question in any given test.
All RCGP members have had free unlimited access to GP SelfTest since 2 July 2018. At RCGP, we want to do our best to deliver the best support and value possible, especially when it comes to your learning.
Improvements to the GP SelfTest system have increased the accuracy of the peer score comparison calculations. This may have resulted in some alterations to the historical peer scores data, depending on when you accessed these. Any changes to the recorded peer results are the result of improvements we have made to the system and will have no impact on your individual test score, which will remain the same.
GP SelfTest incorporates all the AKT questions published by InnovAiT. However, AiTs can also find a link to the collection of InnovAiT AKTs here.
Please bear in mind that for all InnovAiT content you need to log into MyRCGP first and access InnovAiT by clicking the blue ‘access InnovAiT online’ button.
The GP SelfTest question bank contains over 2,000 questions. Each category has a different number of questions. You can find a list with the numbers of questions per category here. However, as new questions are added and existing questions are reviewed regularly, the exact number of questions per category may change.