A fifty item online applied knowledge test, with questions sourced from the major updates, briefings and reference material found within Essential Knowledge Update 15, on topics including:
Search results: 4
Time to complete this course:
Date of publication:
Reviewed and updated:
After completing the course the learner will:
- Understand the epidemiology of hepatitis B and C and how to assess the risk of hepatitis B and C for a patient.
- Understand the new treatment options for hepatitis C, and their success rates.
- Know when patients with hepatitis B and C should be referred, or re-referred, to secondary care in view of changes in treatment options.
- Be confident in communicating with patients to assess risk, discuss testing and giving results.
- Know how to manage patients with chronic hepatitis before, during and after their treatment.
This course is FREE to RCGP members and available for purchase here by non-members.
This course was developed in partnership with Gilead Sciences
This course provides an understanding of hepatitis C and its prevalence. It also gives an overview of the liver and its function, and the stages and natural history of untreated hepatitis C liver disease.
Time to complete this course: 2 hours
Date of publication: April 2015
Reviewed and updated: May 2022