One Day Essentials REWIND
One Day Essentials is a series of one-day online conferences providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. GPs and primary healthcare professionals benefit from programmes developed by and featuring leading experts, focused on essential information, practical tips and take-home messages that will help you improve your practice and patient outcomes. One Day Essentials are broadcast live, and this page hosts the recordings and slides, which are available for delegates to access freely for six months from the webinar date.
Each recording is available free to those who registered for the live webinar, otherwise our standard ticket prices apply:
AiT rate: £199
Member rate: £234
Non-member rate: £288
This recording will be available to view until 22 March 2022.
Sexual and reproductive health consultations are a frequent request in primary care and ones that can sometimes be delivered by remote means. Again this One Day Essentials in Sexual health will be delivered as an online conference, with presentations to include plenty of time to ask questions to the expert speakers. The content of the day will deliver important education for general practice, and include a number of related topics recognising the holistic life-course approach to patient care that we offer in our daily work.
- Understanding on how and when consultations can be provided without face to face contact
- To gain confidence in how GPs can engage with sexual health as part of the holistic care offered
- Updated on new developments and managing cases that would typically present to us in the primary care setting
- Update on identifying safe-guarding concerns including domestic violence and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- A life course approach to HIV
- Abortion care
- Female Genital Mutilation (FMG)
- Safe-guarding and domestic violence
- New developments and guidance in sexual reproductive heath (SRH)
This recording will be available to view until 28 January 2022.
This year’s One Day Essential on child health will be delivered as an online conference, with presentations to include plenty of time to ask questions to the expert speakers. Chaired by Professor Edward Snelson a GP in Sheffield before becoming a Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine at Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust.
We will equip you to better manage conditions in primary care and to diagnose and treat common childhood illness. Along with appropriately managing more challenging or complex cases in children’s health.
- Develop skills in the diagnosis and triage of the acutely febrile child
- Update knowledge of paediatric emergencies
- Update knowledge in diagnosis and primary care management of paediatric ENT and MSK including when to refer for secondary care help
- Unsettled baby
- Paediatric Surgery
- MSK / Orthopedics
- UIT & Constipation
- Common ENT problems
- Unwell child
This recording will be available to view until 10 November 2021.
This year the one day essentials on women’s health covered a range of subjects relevant to the work we provide in primary care with a focus on how to optimise the opportunities for delivering care via remote means. Dr Anne Connolly and a group of leading expert speakers, who either work in primary care or are closely associated with primary care focused on essential information, latest evidence, practical tips and take-home messages to help improve practice and patient outcomes.
- A range of practical ideas about how to improve service delivery to women
- Improved knowledge of how to diagnose and manage several significant women’s health conditions
- Greater insight into a range of key women’s health topics
- Pregnancy and COVID-19
- Vulval disease
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Ovarian cancer
- Postnatal examination
This event was run in collaboration with the Primary Care Women’s Health Forum (PCWHF) and The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG):
This recording will be available to view until 22 October 2021.
The Royal College of General Practitioners and the British Pain Society present a one-day conference providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information on pain management. Chronic pain is probably the most prevalent symptomatic long-term condition and the majority of patients are managed in primary care. Thus education on this complex condition remains one of the essential components of the CPD calendar. Pain management is best performed by a multi-professional team and our list of speakers reflects that. All the speakers are experts in their own field with many coming from primary care. This year there will be an emphasis on several new pain guidelines from NICE and how the effect Primary Care plus we will look at the complexities of managing pain remotely, in the environment of COVID-19.
- COVID; The Painful Journey
- Self-Management - exciting times for current and future journeys
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain; guidance at last
- Low back pain and sciatica: Updated NICE guideline and personalised car
- The new NICE Pain Guidelines
- Panel Discussion
This conference was sponsored by: