The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) is the UK body responsible for setting the standards for general practice education, training, Revalidation and the MRCGP examination.
The online eLearning materials in this site are developed and badged by the experienced eLearning team at the RCGP. Since 2008, the team have developed and published a range of high quality RCGP online courses and certifications to support CPD and revalidation. The intended audience for our eLearning materials are GPs and primary healthcare professionals, GP Specialty Trainees and GP Educators. Our materials are written to reflect UK practice.
All RCGP courses currently go through a peer-review process and quality assurance check to ensure they are of the highest quality. However, best medical practice can change over time and it is the user's own responsibility to make his or her own professional judgement before applying the information contained in these educational materials to patient care.
If you would like to find out more about our eLearning programme, or are interested in working with the RCGP to develop new eLearning updates or courses, please contact the RCGP eLearning team.
The RCGP eLearning department won Silver in 'Best learning technologies project – UK public and non-profit sector’ category at the Learning Technologies Awards 2017. The judges awarded the Online Learning Environment stating “this (RCGP eLearning Platform) is an excellent, valuable and behavioural shifting free resource available with a smart and effective approach to CPD.”
With nearly 100,000 users accessing the resources, the eLearning programme continues to be one of the most popular resources offered by the College based on recent membership surveys.
Many thanks and congratulations to Dr Dirk Pilat, Medical Director for Professional Development and the eLearning team on a job well done.
The RCGP eLearning team:
- Jahangir Ahmed, eLearning Specialist
- Sabeen Altaf, eLearning Programme Manager
- Damian Bardiger, Technical Product Manager
- Sophie Cant, Senior eLearning Technologist
- Tim Gagen, Moodle Web Developer
- Dr Toni Hazell, GP and Deputy Medical Director: eLearning
- Neil McGill, Senior Commercial Manager
- Dr Emma Nash, GP and eLearning Development Fellow
- Dr Annemarie O'Dwyer (PhD), Head of eLearning and Accreditation
- Dr Dirk Pilat, GP and Medical Director for Professional Development
- Hanna Soini, eLearning Technologist
- Rya White, Sales Executive
The RCGP Essential Knowledge Update Programme team:
- Beverley Berry, Research Consultant (EKU literature searches)
- Katie Hopkins, CPD Project Officer
- Dr Thomas Round, EKU Clinical Lead
- EKU Authors
- EKU Quality Assurance Board
The RCGP GP SelfTest team:
- Dr Ciaran Conway, GP and GP SelfTest Clinical Lead
- Dr Emma Nash, GP and GP SelfTest Clinical Lead
- Jonathan Stafford, GP SelfTest Project Officer
To find out more about our eLearning offer, or if you are interested in working with the RCGP to develop new eLearning resources, please contact us.
The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) is a membership body of family doctors committed to delivering excellence in general practice and patient care, in the UK and overseas.
To find out how to become an RCGP member, contact RCGP Membership.